Friday, November 04, 2011

Arrived in South Africa

So far, so good.  Arrived in South Africa at Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, rented a car and drove into town.  People drive on the left here, and when I opened the drivers side door, I found that there was no steering wheel--it's on the other side too.  So, people can tell when I want to turn because the windshield wipers turn on.  Freakin' Americans anyway.  :-)  
Found a nice hotel and a decent meal.  Wine comes in bottles with dinner, so I figured the best thing to do was to give the last part of it to a young couple at the next table so I'd be able to walk back up to my room.  


It's springtime in South Africa.  I'm heading out for a short run this morning to knock a little of the jet-lag out of my system.  

No comments: