Thursday, June 20, 2013

Print it!

It's a marathon worth of effort. Maybe an ultra. But I just reviewed the final edited version of my book, called the publisher, Mascot Books, and left them a message. "Print it!"
 
In three or four weeks, I should have actual copies of the book in my hands. To say I'm excited by that is probably an understatement.
 
and the adventure continues....
 
That's the title of the book. It's the story of setting a world record. It's the story of the Grand Rapids Marathon. But most importantly, it's the story of how an ordinary guy can do some pretty amazing stuff -- AND HOW YOU CAN TOO! 

When I was training for my first marathon in 1995, I discovered/decided that if you can run a marathon, you can do ANYTHING. Since then, I've been privileged to run marathons in a lot of really cool places. I've seen all the oceans, climbed a few mountains, made a ton of friends. Wild horses, penguins, cheetahs, whales and animals of all kinds have crossed my paths during a bunch of adventures. 
 
RUNNING CAN TAKE YOU TO AMAZING PLACES! You can enjoy adventures all over the globe, or even close by, as you explore the trails and streets of your own city.
 
My friend Bart Yasso puts it like this: "Never limit where running can take you!"
 
Check out some of the great destinations on Marathonguide.com, or get even crazier at marathontours.com and go explore the world!
 
Sign up for something cool and go do it.

No comments: