Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Nobel Prize Nomination


Stuff Sneaks Up on You.
 
So, during the build up to the 2009 Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon, something surprising happens.  President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. Of course, I was busy working on the marathon and didn't watch the news, which left me totally in the dark about WHY.  I'm not getting into politics here--maybe it was totally deserved, maybe it wasn't.  There are people who figure out that stuff.  I'm not one of them.  (I did see a pretty interesting theory though.)
 
So, I'm thinking a couple days ago, I'll never win a Nobel prize.  Even in my most testerone-inspired delusional visions of grandeur, I wouldn't imagine such a thing.  Then yesterday I checked my email.
 
 Subject:  Your Nobel Prize Nomination
 
Hi Don!
Thought you'd be interested in seeing this!
Happy running!
CLICK 
 
Yeah, I know.  It's all baloney anyway, but I think I love this girl.  I'm honored, humbled, and thankful.  

1 comment:

Chisom Udeze said...

I hope that someday I can run a marathon. From what I see on your blog, you have a very adventurous life.