Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Writing every day

As a freshman at Chippewa Hills High School, I enrolled in college prep English.  One of the things we had to do is to write one page every day.  Didn't matter what it was.  Bob Loesch was the teacher.  He dubbed me "King of the wide margins," because I'd leave a lot of white space around the borders to avoid having to write so much.  I liked to believe it's because I'm concise in my writing, so there was no real need to fill up the whole page.
 
As you can see, I still don't write enough every day.  But in these days of computer communication, margins have become kinda inconsequential.
 
Clever phrases I got from Dan Manning, in his current blog entry:  "He was trying to regurgitate his personality all over the bank."  "I'm learning how to fake tolerance."

No comments: