Monday, April 30, 2018

Total Ascent

It's a statistic that those running apps give you. So every once in a while, someone has to ask what the total ascent is in the Grand Rapids Marathon course.

I don't know.

But maybe I'd be willing to find out. So--if you happen to have run the race with a GPS app that told you that piece of information, how about sharing it with me and I'll put the word out.

After that, for those of you interested, I'd really like to know how knowing that particular statistic will go into your race strategy.

I just run. I don't have a clue what I'd do with that if I had it. Now, if I were in the mountains or something, it might seem like a more useful piece of information. But here in Grand Rapids, where the high point on the course is about 665 feet and the lowest is 582 feet, you've got to figure that a bunch of mountain climbing just isn't going to be a factor. 

No comments: