Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Now We Wait

I waited around a lot last night for the logistics company to do the gear check, but we never did hook up.  At about 10:45 I headed back downstairs and helped Brent and a few others finish off the wine they were drinking. Nice to sleep horizontally last night for the first time in about 3 days.

I've been in Chile for about 24 hours and haven't had a beer yet.  Go figure.

The first call was supposed to be between 6:30 and 9:30 this morning.  At about 9:15 Richard Donovan (the Race Director) came down to let us know that we'll have another update at 12:30.  I finally got my gear checked and delivered to ANI for transport to Antarctica, now we're waiting until 12:30 local time for an update. Still optimistic about going today.  

3 comments:

Ironman By Thirty said...

Good luck Don! I've enjoyed following the journey and look forward to its completion!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear about this final adventure--i look forward to your description of the course, the continent and anything else you feel like describing!! I know you'll finish and I know you'll celebrate with an ice cold drink--probably colder than you've ever had before...on second thought, maybe a nice cup of cocoa would be better!! In any case, congratulations and can't wait for the final chapter.
Sincerely,
GR resident/Antartica Nut

Bari said...

Good luck and safe travels!